Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This recipe is both delicious and quick to put together. If you guys have been reading my blog for a while then you know that those are two things that I love my recipes to have. It does take some time to firm up, but trust me it’s worth the wait! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1 teaspoon butter
23 oz package milk chocolate morsels
12 oz package white chocolate morsels
1 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and grease with butter.
2. Place milk chocolate morsels in a large microwave safe bowl; microwave at High 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 45-second intervals.
3. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
4. Let stand until firm, about 2 hours.
5. Place white chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl; microwave at High 1 to 11⁄2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
6. Stir in 1⁄2 cup crushed candies; spread evenly over milk chocolate layer.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup chopped candies.
8. Let stand until firm, about 3 to 4 hours.
9. Break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool place up to 5 days.
Tip: Do not freeze bark; freezing will cause a powdery white coating to form on chocolate.