Author Interviews Submissions
Author Interviews Submissions
My Silly Little Gang is currently featuring two interviews to authors. And a special one for children’s authors.
* If you are not sure your book qualifies, you are always welcome to email me and ask.
- Choose one interview and return the completed interview (see questions below) via email with “Author Interview” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
- Preferred week for posting – I cannot guarantee an exact date or even the week, but will make every attempt to be during the week you request or as close as possible.
- Author photo
- Links to your website/blog and social media in order of preference.
- Book cover of the novel you want to promote and the book blurb.
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
2. How long does it take you to write a book?
3. What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
6. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
8. What does your family think of your writing?
9. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
10. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
11. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
12. Do you like to create books for kids?
13. What do you think makes a good story?
14. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
15. When you begin writing a picture book, do you know what the ending will be?
Would You Rather…
Please indicate your preference of the two (or three) items listed below. You can add a sentence or two about your selection if you want to expand.
1. Chips, chocolate or cheese?
2. Bridget Jones, Becky Bloomwood or Carrie Bradshaw?
3. Wine, beer or vodka?
4. Camping or spa vacation?
5. Water or mountains?
6. Zombies or vampires?
7. Dogs or cats?
8. Coke or Pepsi?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. Dine out or take away?
11. High heels, sneakers or flip flops?
12. Physical Book or ebook?
13. Paperback or Hardcover?
14. Pen or pencil?
15. Mad Men, Grey’s Anatomy or Breaking Bad?
16. Drama or comedy?
17. Twilight or Hunger Games?
18. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
19. Facebook or Twiter?
20. Plot your entire novel or fly by the seat of your pants?
Stranded on a Desert Island
Below are ten questions. Please answer with a sentence or two.
1. If you could only have one book with you, what would it be?
2. What one luxury item would you want to be stranded with?
3. What is the one practical item you would want to have with you to use?
4. Would you enjoy the solitude, even briefly, or would it drive you crazy?
5. If you could be stranded with one other person, who would you want it to be?
6. What modern technology would you miss the most?
7. What food or beverage would you miss the most?
8. How many days do you think you would cope without rescue?
9. What is the first thing you would do when rescued?
10. What would be your first Tweet or Facebook update upon your return?
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing your answers!