Kid friendly – Beef Tortilla Bake
K is for KIDS, which is why today I want to share a Kid Friendly recipe that I’m sure your kiddos will devour.
Here is a creamy recipe that is a fabulous hit with my boys. They request this recipe at least once a week. I oblige because it’s easy to make. I share with you the recipe for Beef Tortilla Bake!
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 cup of chopped onion
10 oz can of diced tomatoes
10 oz can of cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp chili powder
12 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble; drain.
3. Stir in tomatoes, soup, and chili powder.
4. Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray
5. Layer one-third of tortillas in the baking dish.
6. Top tortillas with half of meat mixture.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6.
8. The last layer should be of tortillas.
9. Cover baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until it’s bubbly.
10. Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
11. Bake until cheese is melted.
Do your kiddos have favorite foods, if so what are they?