Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
My family loves banana nut bread! That’s why I decided I had to start making it with whole wheat. Here’s the recipe, I hope you try it and let me know what you think.
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
¼ cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 cup mashed banana (about 3 large)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together flours, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Combine sugar and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light in color.
4. Add egg, and mix well.
5. Add flour mixture and mashed banana alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
6. Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
7. Pour into a 8×4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
8. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove to wire rack; let cool completely before cutting into thin slices
I like to wrap two slices in plastic wrap (several packs), and freeze in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. They are good for up to 2 months.