Turkey Pesto Po’Boys
Here’s a recipe that I love for a yummy lunch! Hope you try it and let me know what you think. 🙂
¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared pesto
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
12 oz French baguette, cut in half horizontally
½ lb sliced roasted turkey breast
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Stir together mayonnaise, pesto and lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Spread pesto mixture over cut sides of baguette.
3. Layer turkey, cheese and tomato evenly over bottom half of baguette.
4. Top with top half of baguette; press down gently.
5. Cut baguette crosswise into 4 equal portions.
6. Wrap each portion tightly in plastic wrap or foil to pack.
I add a side salad of cherry tomatoes and baby mozzarella balls, for a complete meal.