10 Tips To Help You Reach Your New Year’s Resolutions & Giveaway Ends – 1/31/14
Welcome to the New Year, New You Giveaway.
Organized by Mom Powered Media. Co-hosted by My Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Life, Memoirs of a Clueless Woman, Mother of Imperfection, The Frugal Exerciser and Secret Southern Couture.
One of the most popular new year resolutions is that of weight loss. I like everyone of my friends whether thin or stout make losing weight a new year resolution every year, only to break it. This year, I’ve decided to stop the cycle of resolving to make change and then not following through. If your resolution is to take better care of yourself and get healthy, you will have a much better year if you stick to your resolution. Here are 10 tips to help you get started, that my friend the nutritionist has recommended. You’ll be surprised, as they may not be what you thought.
1) Be Realistic: The surest way to fall short of your goal is to make your goal unattainable. For example, If you resolve to NEVER eat your favorite food again, you are setting yourself up to fail. Instead, strive for a goal that is attainable, such as trying to avoid it more often than you do now.
2) Plan Ahead: Don’t make your resolution on New Year’s Eve. If you wait until the last minute, it will be based on your mindset that particular day. Instead, it should be planned well before December 31 arrives. Ok…so it may be a little late for this tip, however it’s better late than never.
3) Outline Your Plan: Decide how you are going to deal with the temptation to skip that exercise class or have that piece of cake. For example, when I’m tempted to skip my daily walk I plan on calling on a friend for help, practice positive thinking and self-talk, or reminding myself how your “bad choice” will affect your goal.
4) Make a “Pros” and “Cons” List: It may help to see a list of items on paper to keep your motivation strong. I know this is a big help for me, being the visual person I am. Don’t forget to keep your list with you and refer to it when you need help sticking to your resolution.
5) Talk About It: Don’t keep your resolution a secret. Be sure to tell friends and family members who will be there to support your resolution to change yourself for the better or to improve your health. The best-case scenario is to find a buddy who shares your New Year’s resolution and motivate each other.
6) Reward Yourself: Now this doesn’t mean that you can go crazy and eat an entire box of chocolates if your resolution is to eat a better diet. Instead, celebrate your success by “treating” yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t contradict your resolution. So if you have been sticking to your promise to eat better, for example, reward yourself with new fitness clothing or go to a movie with a friend.
7) Track Your Progress: Keep track of each small success. Short-term goals are easier to keep, and each small accomplishment will help keep you motivated. So instead of focusing on losing 30 pounds, focus on losing the first five. I plan on keeping a food journal to help me stay on track, and then rewarding myself for each five pounds lost.
8) Don’t Beat Yourself Up: Obsessing over the occasional bad choice won’t help you reach your goal. Remember to do the best you can each day, and take one day at a time.
9) Keep At It: Experts say it takes around 21 days for any new activity to become a habit and six months for it to become part of your personality. It will not happen overnight, so be persistent, but most of all be patient!
10) Keep Trying: If you have totally run out of steam when it comes to keeping to your goal by mid-February, don’t give up. Start over again! Recommit yourself for 24 hours. You can do anything for 24 hours. The 24-hour increments will soon build on each other and, before you know it, you will be back on track.
I sincerely hope that these tips will us keep up with our new year’s resolutions. What resolutions have you made? Share them with me in the comments section below.
Emperola.com is the best place where to list your giveaway or sweepstakes for free. We highly recommend to use “featured listing” to get more contestants.
Besides that, you can now enter for a chance to win $80 via Paypal!
Now for the giveaway!!!
One grand prize winner will receive a ProForm Performance 400 S Treadmill. Additional winners will receive one of the following: a $250 Visa Gift Card, $100 GAP Gift Card and Body Gospel DVD!
Giveaway ends January 31st at 11:59pm, open to US and Canadian residents only, ages 18+. To enter please use the giveaway form below. Good luck!
Disclaimer: The participating bloggers were not compensated for this post. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entrant per household. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. My blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
I’m most excited about the Visa gift card.
The visa card is an awesome choice! Thanks for entering Titus2Homemaker, and good luck! 🙂