Christmas Brunch Casserole
Being from Guatemala, we make a big deal about Christmas Eve. So we always have overnight guests in my home. Nothing feels more comforting than this casserole, for those late night munchies. I’m happy to share with you this recipe for this scrumptious casserole. That will definitely impress your guests.
- 4 c frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (you can use fresh too)
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lb. bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 c (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 c Bisquick® mix (you can use reduced fat if you like)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 c milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 c cheese and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk
- Pour on top of the ingredients in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 12 servings.