Frijoles Charros ~Recipe Feat. Sonoran Spice
I am excited to be sharing with you the hubby’s favorite plate. This time I will be sharing a recipe for Frijoles Charros. This recipe includes spices from Sonoran Spice. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does.
Frijoles Charros ~ Recipe Feat. Sonoran Spice
Those that know my hubby can tell you that he loves his food on the spicy side! I usually make this dish using jalapeños and chili powder. However, I have wanted to kick this recipe up a notch but had not found what I was looking for. Last month Sonoran Spice reached out to see if I would like to try out some of their spices. I immediately agreed since I had already heard so many wonderful things about them.
Sonoran Spice generously sent me three of their spice gift box sets. I received their World’s Hottest Pepper Powder Spice Gift Box,
I was super excited! These gift boxes are perfect for any spice-loving foodie or anyone who loves to cook with high-quality spices. In this recipe, I used both the Jalapeño and the Habanero powder spices and absolutely loved it! These spices were exactly what I was looking for. They gave my dish the kick I was looking for and made my hubby love this dish even more.
I will have more information about Sonoran Spice below the recipe.
A little about the recipe I’m sharing with you. Frijoles Charros is a Mexican recipe made with cooked beans and various types of meat and vegetables. It is this combination of all those flavors and textures that deliver a delicious soup that is perfect on its own or served alongside carne asada. Don’t feel intimidated by the number of ingredients. They are all easy to find and will make this hearty dish come out amazing! Also, the recipe is very easy and perfect for beginner cooks.
• 1 lb of cooked pinto beans
• 1/3 lb of chorizo
• 4 slices of bacon (cut into pieces)
• 3 hotdogs (sliced)
• 1 Kielbasa smoked sausage (sliced)
• 4 oz of ham (chopped)
• 1 small onion (finely chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
• 3 Roma tomatoes (finely chopped)
• 1 Jalapeño pepper (finely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp of Sonoran Spice Jalapeño powder (I used 1/2 tsp but start off with 1/4 tsp and taste to make sure the heat level is to your liking if you want a little more go for the 1/2 tsp.)
• 1/4 tsp of Sonoran Spice Habanero powder (I used 1/4 tsp but taste to make sure the heat level is to your liking.)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 small bunch of Cilantro (optional, but it gives it tons of flavor)
1. In a large pot cook the bacon until crunchy.
2. Once the bacon is cooked add the chorizo and saute on medium-low heat so that it doesn’t burn until cooked.
3. Next, add your hotdogs, smoked sausage, and ham. Heat through.
4. Once all the meat is heated add in the onions, and sauté until soft and translucent.
5. Now it’s time to add in the tomatoes, garlic, and jalapeño. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 8 minutes.
6. Once the tomatoes are cooked add in the beans with the liquid the beans were cooked in.
7. Let all the delicious flavors cook and come together on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
8. Check again for salt, pepper, and heat, and add more if needed.
9. Now add in your cilantro and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy.
About Sonoran Spice
Sonoran Spice is a leading purveyor of the world’s hottest chili peppers
such as the Carolina Reaper, Ghost Pepper, and Trinidad Scorpion. They’re a
a family-run business based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and they supply BBQ
lovers, self-made pit masters, restaurants, or anyone who loves hot and
spicy flavors, with the hottest chili spices, flakes, seasoning blends,
whole dried peppers and hot sauces.
If you’re looking to add intense flavor to your recipes or if you’re looking to sample the best spices this world has to offer, give Sonoran Spice a try!