Recipes for National Irish Coffee Day 1/25 @Krupsusa #MySillyLittleGang
Recipes for National Irish Coffee Day 1/25
My hubby and I love Irish Coffee. While I can’t participate in it this year, my hubby will absolutely take part in our tradition of having at least a cup. Irish coffee is great because it means never having to decide whether it is too early in the day for liquor. 😉 You know there are days where a good Irish coffee is a must have.
In honor of National Irish Coffee Day coming up on January 25th, I wanted to share a couple of Irish coffee recipes, courtesy of KRUPS, the leader in coffee makers and kitchen appliances. My hubby already decided he want’s to try out the first one, which one would you try? Or why not try them both, hope you enjoy these recipes.
KRUPS Irish Coffee
Serves: 1 ~ Prep Time: 3 Min (Original recipe here.)
50 ml espresso
1 tsp light brown sugar
20 ml whisky
20 ml single cream
1) In a saucepan, heat the whisky then incorporate the light brown sugar in order to dissolve it.
2) Pour the mixture into a glass and pour the espresso on top.
3) Lightly whisk the cream and arrange it carefully on top of the drink.
Tiramisu Irish Coffee Recipe
Serves: 4 ~ Prep Time: 30 Mins (Original recipe here.)
4 egg yolks + 6 egg whites
80 g icing sugar
500 g mascarpone
20 ml Whisky
8 sponge fingers
50 g dulce de leche
30 g butter
80 g caster sugar
1 tbsp bitter cocoa powder
1) Pour the espresso and leave to cool.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the icing sugar until pale and creamy. Incorporate the mascarpone.
3) Beat the egg whites into very stiff peaks.
4) Carefully incorporate the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
5) Flavor the cooled espresso with the whisky.
6) Peel the apples. Cut into small cubes and cook in the frying pan with the butter and sugar for around 5 minutes.
7) Place a spoonful of the dulce de leche into the base of each glass.
8) Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee, and line the base of the glasses.
9) Fill the glasses by alternating a layer of mascarpone cream and a layer of caramelized apples, ending with a layer of cream.
10) Sprinkle with bitter cocoa powder and set aside in the refrigerator.
You should ideally prepare the tiramisu 24 hours in advance.