Delicious Burger Recipes & A Sizzling Summer Burger Contest @JarlsbergUSA
Delicious Burger Recipes & A Sizzling Summer Burger Contest
In our home we love cheese, and we especially love Jarlsberg® cheese! We have been lucky enough to have been able to share delicious recipes that feature Jarlsberg cheese with you. You can see those recipes here. In this post not only am I sharing with you two delicious burger recipes but also sharing how you can enter a sizzling summer burger contest from Jarlsberg! Of the two recipes below the Melted Maui Madness is my absolute favorite. Which one is yours? Let me know in the comments below!
Join Celebrity Chef George Duran on a Quest for the Perfect Cheeseburger
Enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger Contest to Win Big
Contest Runs from July 2nd to August 27th
Jarlsberg® Cheese famous worldwide for its nutty, mild and sweet flavor launches a global recipe global contest starring two best friends: burgers and cheese. Cheese fans and all foodies can enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger contest from July 2nd to August 27th at https://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg. Entrants will have the chance to win exclusive Jarlsberg® Grill Kits every week and the grand prize is a Big Green Egg Grill, so that winners can re-create their favorite Jarlsberg® burgers, just in time for Labor Day weekend!
The program also offers some great new burger ideas from Celebrity Chef George Duran. Duran, the Venezuelan born American chef, is well known for hosting cooking programs on TLC and Food Network and his appearances on numerous TV shows. He has created four distinctly different Jarlsberg® burger recipes, including one vegetarian burger and one burger with grilled pineapple slices in place of burger buns.
Each of Chef Duran’s four burger recipes offer a summer story and their own film: The Marvelous Meltdown (Jarlsberg® Fondue Burger), Melted Maui Madness (Pineapple Bun Jarlsberg® Burger), The Viva La Quinoa (Quinoa and Red Lentil with Jarlsberg®), and The Brooklyn Bacon Bonanza (Bacon Burger Stuffed with Jarlsberg®). The burgers are placed in different settings, and the ambience is quintessentially New York: three of the four burger shorts are filmed in a Williamsburg brownstone, and the fourth on a rooftop in Queens with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.
“As summer heats up around the world, we wanted to share some creative and luscious ways to enjoy burgers made with Jarlsberg® Cheese,” said Valerie Liu, Marketing Manager. “Chef George Duran elevates burgers in brand new melted and magical creations. You won’t want to stop at just one!”
Enjoy these creative, fun summer BBQ recipes from Jarlsberg® and Chef George Duran. To see all of the Summer Global Jarlsberg® Burgers, visit https://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg.
Now Let’s Get To Those Recipes!
The Marvelous Meltdown | Jarlsberg® Fondue Burger
Ingredients (Makes 4 burgers)
1 tbsp. Panko-style breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 1/2 lb. ground chuck
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. black pepper
4 Sesame burger buns
Red pepper flakes, optional
For Jarlsberg® fondue sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 C. whole milk plus more, if needed
1 C. grated Jarlsberg® cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and heavy cream until absorbed, about 3-4 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, and breadcrumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until combined. Form 4 large burgers. Make a large indentation in the middle of each burger and pre-heat your grill.
3. In the meantime, make Jarlsberg® cheese fondue sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan and whisking in flour. Whisk on medium heat until browned. Slowly whisk in milk and allow to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in grated Jarlsberg® until smooth; whisk in more milk, if needed. Set the cheese fondue sauce aside.
4. Grill each burger to your desired doneness. Spread butter inside the buns and toast lightly. Place lettuce and burger on the bottom bun. Whisk fondue until warm and pour on top of burger. Top with bun and pour more fondue on top, if desired.
5. Garnish cheese with scallions and red pepper flakes.
Melted Maui Madness | Pineapple Bun Jarlsberg® Burger
Ingredients (Makes 4 burgers)
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. kosher salt
4 thick pineapple rings
4 red bell pepper rings
4 slices Jarlsberg® cheese
Thinly sliced red onions
8 slices of cooked bacon (optional)
Lettuce and Tomato
1. Pre-heat your grill.
2. In a medium bowl mix beef with tomato paste, teriyaki sauce and salt. Form 4 even burger patties.
3. Spray grill with nonstick spray and grill pineapple rings until grilled evenly on both sides. Set aside and grill peppers and burger to desired doneness. Top burger with Jarlsberg cheese and allow to slightly melt.
4. Assemble burger using pineapple rings as the bun and top with cheeseburger, peppers, red onion slices, bacon, lettuce and tomato slices.
About Jarlsberg® Cheese:
In 1956, we created Jarlsberg® Cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg® cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It’s all part of the legend…and Norway’s most guarded recipe! Jarlsberg® Cheese is endorsed by the Good Housekeeping Nutritionist Approved Emblem. All Jarlsberg Cheese varieties are naturally lactose and gluten free. For a complete product list and more recipes visit the website.