Eczema Tips with Theraplex @theraplex #MySillyLittleGang
Eczema Tips with Theraplex
Aaron was born with Eczema so I’ve had to always take special care of his skin. Now that he is 12, his Eczema tends to flares up more often. Especially since he is in sports and loves the outdoors. The summer months are even harder since this is the worse season for his skin. As you can imagine in all these years I’ve come across quite a number of products that specialize in Eczema. Unfortunately not all of them work as good as they’re supposed too. This is why when I find a product that works I tell everyone I know about it.
Recently Theraplex reached out to see if we would like to try two of their products. I quickly agreed since I had heard great things about them from a friend of mine. Theraplex also asked if I would share a few tips with you. I read them over and found them useful so of course I will share them below. Let’s take a look at those tips and then I’ll tell you about the two products we received.
Tips To Keep Your Child’s Sensitive Skin Comfortable This Summer
Recommended by Dermatologists, Theraplex® Helps “Beat the Heat”
As balmy summer weather heats up, it is not unusual for people to experience a dramatic increase in perspiration, often causing sensitive skin to “flare up.” This is especially true for children who have eczema. To help keep your child’s skin “cool in the shade,” the experts who make Theraplex® skincare offer summer tips designed to keep sensitivities in check.
- To help keep your child feeling cooler and drier, avoid the sun when it is at its strongest (from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m)
- Apply a sunscreen SPF 30 or higher. Many pediatric dermatologists recommend physical sunscreens as they may be less irritating than chemical sunscreens.
- If your child has been in the ocean or pool, rinse chlorine or salt off with a gentle cleanser and immediately apply a moisturizer such as Theraplex ClearLotion. A light, fast penetrating emollient oil spray, ClearLotion has earned the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. When applied to damp skin, it uniquely wraps around water on the skin’s surface, sealing in moisture and replacing the natural oils that water and soap can strip away. After towel drying, ClearLotion leaves skin moisturized for hours without greasiness. And, because ClearLotion is a spray, you will be able to apply it to even the wriggliest of children!
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids.
- For added protection and comfort any time of day or night, try Theraplex Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Skin Protectant with natural colloidal oatmeal. It also has earned the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. This enriched moisturizing formula helps to relieve dry skin with superior moisturization that lasts for hours. It soothes your child’s dry, sensitive skin without parabens, fragrances, preservatives, or lanolin
I received both of the products listed above so I am happy to be able to really use these tips. Let me tell you more about them.
The favorite of the two products we received has to be Theraplex ClearLotion. With all the sports and running around outside Aaron sometimes showers twice a day. As you can imagine his Eczema flares up a lot. Ever since he started using Theraplex ClearLotion his skin stays nice and moisturized. I love how easy it is to apply. He just has to spray it on, rub it in, and then pat himself dry. It doesn’t leave his skin oily or sticky in any way.
Size: 8 fl oz / 236 ml
Oil moisturizer for after shower or bath
Theraplex ClearLotion is a light, fast penetrating emollient oil which is ideal for use after showering or bathing. When applied to damp skin, ClearLotion uniquely wraps around water on the skin’s surface sealing in moisture and replacing the natural oils that water and soap can strip away. In addition to the special petrolatum fraction, natural jojoba oil helps to provide added protection against moisture loss and prevent dryness without irritation. ClearLotion penetrates deep into the skin in seconds providing long lasting moisturization and protection and leaves skin soft and smooth.
- Free of Parabens, Fragrances, Preservatives, Lanolin & Gluten
- Not Tested on Animals
Theraplex ClearLotion has received the National Eczema Association’s (NEA) Seal of Acceptanceas part of the Eczema & Sensitive-Skin Education (EASE) Program with the highest possible rating by EASE, 5 out of 5.
The second product we received was the Theraplex Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Skin Protectant. This is a nice thick lotion that moisturizes amazingly! I love using it because even though I use gloves to clean and wash dishes my hands get super dry. Aside from that Aaron uses this lotion at night, he applies it right before bed.
Size: 4.5 oz / 128 g
Moisturizing skin protectant with natural colloidal oatmeal
This enriched moisturizing formula helps to relieve dry skin, leaving skin feeling smooth. Theraplex Eczema Therapy can be used by the whole family for superior moisturization which lasts for hours.
- Moisturizes to soothe dry skin
- Does not contain antibiotics
- Free of Parabens, Fragrances, Preservatives, & Lanolin
- Not Tested on Animals
Temporarily protects and helps relieve minor skin irritation and itching due to:
Both of these products have been great for us and I recommend them both. Check out the Theraplex website to see all their great products.