Gluten Free Game Day Fare! #Recipes
Gluten Free Game Day Fare! Super Bowl Perfect Recipes Featuring Brazi Bites & Kam’s Kettle Cooked
I can’t believe how Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner! I love trying out new recipes that are perfect for eating in front of the TV. When I was asked to share these recipes with you, I couldn’t wait to try them out myself.
I tried Brazi Bites and absolutely loved them, the boys loved them too. They have so many delicious flavors which makes them perfect for anything. My favorite ones however were the Cheddar & Parmesan Brazi Bites. The boys loved the Pizza Brazi Bites and my hunny loved the Zesty Pepper Jack. The Garlic Asiago Brazi Bites are perfect for lasagna nights at our house!
No matter which team you are rooting for this year, serve up these gluten free and bourbon inspired sliders and dogs that will have everyone cheering! I am thankful to Brazi Bites & Kam’s Kettle Cooked for allowing me to share both recipes and their pictures with you!
Brazi Bites Bourbon Meatball Sliders
Bourbon sauce adds a special twist to this classic meatballs sliders recipe. These bite sized morsels are the perfect addition to your game day spread.
Serves about 10
For the meatballs:
2 lbs. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 c. Chia seeds
1 3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 T. butter
1 c. onion, fine diced
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried thyme
For the Bourbon Sauce:
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. Bourbon
3 T. dark brown sugar
3 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
For the slider buns:
2 bags of Brazi Bites
For the meatballs and slider buns:
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) In a medium saute pan heat butter. Add onion and saute until soft. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl combine beef, chia seeds, egg, salt, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, oregano and thyme. Add cooled, sauteed onions. Mix well.
4) Roll into 1 in balls and place onto a wire rack over a sheet pan.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes until done and internal temperature is 155F. Bake the Brazi Bites at the same time as the meatballs, according to instructions on the bag.
For the Bourbon sauce:
6) In a medium saucepan combine ketchup, Bourbon, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Dijon, honey, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, salt and pepper over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until reduced.
7) Coat meatballs in the sauce. Slice Brazi Bites in half and stuff each with a sauced meatball. Skewer with a toothpick and serve
*Recipe from Brazilian Flair in the USA.
Brazi Bites are based on our family recipe for “Pão de Queijo” (translated from Portuguese as “Cheese Bread.”) These delicious, naturally gluten-free snacks have been enjoyed in South America for centuries.
Kam’s Bourbon Dogs
3 lbs. Hot Dogs (Uncured Beef or Turkey; could even substitute veggie hot dogs)
1 1/2 C. of Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce
1/2 C. Dark Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp. Chopped Onion (diced)
3/4 C. Bourbon
Preparation (Can make 1 day before)
Cut dogs into ½ “coins” and lightly brown in buttered frying pan. Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer on low for 1 hour. Top with additional Kam’s Chili Sauce for presentation and added flavor!
*Recipe courtesy of Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce.