Healthy Sweet Potato Soup #Recipe
This is Sweet Potato Soup with a healthy twist.
Now that I’ve started eating healthier on my Nutrisystem diet, I’ve also started to cook healthier for my family. My hunny still likes a dollop of sour cream on his soup though :). This is a creamy and delicious soup perfect for the cold winter days.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 sm sweet onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 med sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 (32-oz) carton fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Add potatoes; sauté 2 minutes.
4. Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Let cool 10 minutes.
7. Transfer soup to a blender, in batches; cover and process until smooth.
8. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
I like to top with sliced scallions as garnish and like I mentioned before my hunny also likes to add a dollop of sour cream. (But then it’s not so healthy)
You can make this soup up to 3 days in advance and keep in a refrigerator.