Almond Orange Date Cookies Recipe
Almond Orange Date Cookies
These cookies are the perfect breakfast treats!
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1⁄4 cup packed plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
1⁄4 cup chopped dates
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter in a large bowl at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Add brown sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg yolk, milk and vanilla, beating until blended.
5. Whisk together flour, wheat germ, flax seed, baking soda and salt.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
7. Beat in oats, almonds, dates and orange rind just until blended.
8. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Cool 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool.
I love a couple of these cookies with my coffee and I’m done with breakfast! Enjoy.
Recipe Tip: Store in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Did you like this recipe? Subscribe to my feed.