I love these crunchy little circles of yummy goodness as a snack or with my quick broccoli cheddar soup! These are wonderfully delicious and packed with flavor. Everyone in my house absolutely loves these Cheddar Frico!
10 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. In a medium bowl, toss together cheese and flour.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into skillet to form a 4-inch circle.
4. Cook until cheese is starting to melt and become firm, usually 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
5. Using a small offset spatula turn, and continue cooking until it is firm and slightly golden, about 15 to 30 seconds more.
Recipe Tips: 1. If skillet gets too hot and Frico begin to color too quickly, remove from heat for several minutes before continuing.
2. I usually make tons and I do not tell anyone I’m going to make it (otherwise the boys never leave the kitchen) although the smell tends to bring everyone into the kitchen. I also make sure to put them out of reach otherwise when I’m done making them they’re gone. 😉