Turkey Burgers & Rainbow Salad
Our dinner tonight was amazingly delicious! These burgers are always a big hit in our house. So of course I just had to share this recipe with you! I hope your family will like these turkey burgers as much as mine does. 🙂
1 lb. ground turkey
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped finely. (you can use 1/3 tbsp dried basil instead)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium Vidalia onion, sliced.
2 Tbsp butter
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 lrg sliced tomato
4 whole-grain burger buns
1 sliced apple
4 rainbow peppers, seeded and sliced
1/2 peeled, diced mango
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, basil, salt and mix well.
2.Make patties about the size of the buns.
3. In a frying pan, on medium-high heat, add butter, mushrooms, and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and brown, and onion is translucent.
4. Turn heat to low to keep warm.
5. Grill or pan fry burgers on medium heat until firm. About 4-5 minutes per side.
6. Assemble bun with burger, cheese, tomato, and mushroom-onion mixture.
For the rainbow salad:
1. Toss apples, peppers, mango, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let me know how you liked this recipe,