Pickled Serrano Peppers Recipe #MySillyLittleGang
This past weekend I made my husband’s favorite recipe, pickled Serrano peppers. Because it’s an easy, yummy, and quick recipe I knew I wanted to share it with you.
Pickled Serrano Peppers Recipe!
I make this with Serrano peppers however it also works amazingly with Jalapeño peppers! So feel free to use your favorite of the two or both together.
This recipe doesn’t only look delicious, it tastes heavenly!!
For the ingredients you are going to need:
1 lb. Serrano peppers. (you can use Jalapeños, or your favorite pepper)
1 Medium to large onion. The size depends on how much you like onion. I love it this way so I go with large.
2 to 3 large carrots. Again the quantity depends on how much you like it, I used two.
2 Tbsp of garlic powder. Feel free to use garlic cloves if you like, you would need 15, I don’t usually have any so I tend to use garlic powder.
2 Tbsp dried oregano.
1 1/2 C of water
1 1/2 C of apple cider vinegar.
Oil, enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pot.
Salt to taste
1) Slice the peppers, I did some sliced on the diagonal, some I sliced in strips, and some I left whole.
2) Slice the onion in half then slice each half into 5 pieces.
3) Slice your carrots
4) Heat the oil, then saute the peppers, onions, carrots, garlic powder, oregano, and salt.
5) When the onion is beginning to become translucent add the vinegar and water. Stir together and bring to a boil.
6) As soon as it is at a low boil cut off the heat, stir one last time, and cover.
7) After having it covered, and off the heat for 15 minutes, uncover it. Now you are ready to fill your jars.
8) While it’s still hot, fill your jars. You can use any heat resistant jar. I use jars that I save from the spaghetti sauce that I buy. You can definitely use canning jars.
9) As soon as you have filled the jar cover it tightly and flip it over. Stand it on the counter upside down, and don’t move them for 30 minutes. This forms a seal on the jar so that even if you’re using canning jars there’s no need to boil them again.
I hope you try, and enjoy it!
This reminds of when I was a kid. I used to watch my Grandma can things.
Such an amazing recipe the only thing is I didn’t add enough salt but I just add it to what ever I take out but seriously a great recipe
I like the way you present your recipes. I am makibg this one right now. Thanks!!!
For this pickled recipe, it sounds like it is only frig safe and not shelf safe. Is that right?
Yes, that’s right Lisa.